Top 10 Choices for Winter Fun on the Waterfront!
Toronto’s winter has been unpredictable to say the least! The Waterfont community is still full of excitement and fun things to do. Use this list to plan your next after work night out, or visit to the Waterfront on the weekend!
- Stay warm and feed your eyes and your ears with Quebec artist Patrick Bernatchez’s installation work on now until May 15, 2016 at The Power Plant Art Gallery. Immerse yourself in the changing seasons, pondering the cycle of life and death, rebirth and what time really means. Great for a date or friends to visit, and its FREE! Find the Power Plant at 231 Queens Quay W.
- Looking for some obscure and enigmatic art to whisk you out of this awkward winter we are having? Look no further than Deliberately Ambiguous. Five exhibitions at The Harbourfront Centre organized in conjunction with the Toronto Design Offsite Festival. You will be confused in the most positive way possible, and pushed to the limits of design, art and craft. This event is also FREE, because you know it’s better by the water!
- “The City of Toronto, in partnership with OCAD University, has launched a temporary, digital art installation at Union Station. The interactive exhibit, called Memory Capsule, pays tribute to the venerable station and cherished public space, which is undergoing a major revitalization”. There you have it! Taking the subway can be boring, but Union station has ramped up the artistic exposure with this installation, taking us all to the next level, and down to the Waterfront of course!
- For the very first time, the Waterfront is hosting it’s own Sugar Shack – Quebec style too! Taking a page out of Canadian history and tradition, maple syrup tasting is a must for all Torontonians and tourists alike. It really makes you want to say Canadian eh? Catch this experience March 12th and 13th. Don’t forget to check out all the local food trucks serving up popular eats from around the city – our favourite the Montreal Smoked Meat Sandwich from Caplansky’s!
- If you have ever been to a convention at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, then you know anything is possible here. The venue was made for events like Comicon! You don’t have to be a die hard fan of Comics or Superhero’s either. This year will be featuring guests such as Jason Isaacs from Harry Potter and Tovah Feldshuh who plays Deanna from The Walking Dead! Guaranteed you will see someone dressed as Deadpool, and hey maybe this is your chance to put on that Catwoman costume you’ve been meaning to wear again. With over 400 exhibitors, you’ll be sure to find something that excites the hidden sci-fi lover inside all of us. March 18th-20th. Tickets: http://comicontoronto.com/tickets/
- Miku restaurant – The best sushi experience in Toronto. The sushi looks like art, and tastes amazing. Sweet and flavourful, there is no need for Soy Sauce. The Sake pairs well too! Convienently located in 10-20 Bay Street, WaterPark Place is accessible through the PATH or off of Bay St and Queens Quay. Stop by before you hop on a flight at the Billy Bishop Airport or have your next lunch meeting here.
- Watermark Irish Pub and Restaurant – Our go to place for after work food and drinks! Literally situated on the water at the Queens Quay Terminal, you will want to indulge in a Guinness or two. Be sure to stop by on March 17th for St Patrick’s Day festivities!
- Harbour Sixty – Ideal for those looking for an exquisite up-scale steakhouse experience. Classic and on-point, Harbour Sixty is frequented by our clients for business lunches and after work rendezvous. Mouth-watering goodness!
- C’est What?!? Located at 67 Front St. East., this spot is a mix of board games and fireplaces, craft beer and delectable wine selections if you’re into that kind of thing! Good for a night out with friends or an after work unwind.
- Our number one hotel choice is the Le Germain – connected via the PATH and located right in Maple Leaf Square, Le Germain offers a unique boutique hotel experience, with original décor and stellar service – you will feel like a celebrity visiting Toronto for TIFF! Trust us, you’ll like it. Book here: http://www.legermainhotels.com/en/torontomls/
Oh yeah, The Waterfront’s Singing Ambassadors are hiring for the summer season. If you like to sing and hang out by the Waterfront, you should definitely apply! We would love to see you around.
Connect with us to stay in the loop with what is happening on the Waterfront Work Community!