Our client, a growing, Canadian owned and managed IT Support and Solutions company, is hiring a Systems Administrator in the London, ON area.
** This is not a remote position and the SA will be expected In Office when not at client site. **
Reporting to the Manager of Service and Operations, this position is responsible for providing complex technical support related to computers systems, hardware, or software.
This position will be the enhanced escalated response resource for clients and will perform final analysis and troubleshooting to rectify problems and, if necessary, provide recommendations for enhanced products and services to prevent the problem in the future.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on necessary tickets.
- Creates ticketing system for failed back-ups, etc.
- Creates SOPs for all 3rd party software.
- Manages system escalations working with the I.T Analyst to resolve complex issues to ensure the ticket can be resolved.
- Keep all Third-party applications that we use up to date, within compliance and checking non utilized units to remove additional licenses where possible.
- Manage ScalePad, RMM, Max Backup, EDR, LogMeIn, Remote PC, Data Centre, Dark Web, Miradore, FortiGate & any other software as needed.
- Provide suggestions on new software to improve efficiency.
- Assist with deep dives of managed clients, setting up company profiles.
- Confirm new/amended client agreements with Manager of Service, Finance and Operations.
- Confirm service hand off, allowing Project Coordinator to provide client with support information.
Specific Job Tasks:
- Assist Helpdesk Service Technicians and Field Support Technicians when they are unable to resolve a ticket to provide resolution on complex issues.
- Assist with any complex I.T. setups, maintenance and troubleshooting as needed.
- Provide SOPs as necessary to enhance learning capabilities for Technicians.
- Provide training quarterly for all Technicians and as needed to ensure their competency for managing client request.
- Maintain ownership over ticketing systems, provided data analysis and reports as required.
- Configure, Deploy, & Troubleshoot (AD, RDS, File & Print, Application, and Hyper-V Servers).
- Configure, Deploy, & Troubleshoot (Routers, Switches, AP’s, VLANS and Modems).
- Complete Domain Renewals.
- Complete Office 365 license and email setups, edits and deletions.
- Managing 365 Tenants, DNS records and any other items associated to the 365 platform
- Perform Root Cause Analysis techniques and document findings to present to I.T Analyst and Manager of Service and Operations to ensure issues are resolved.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent education and work experience.
- 7+ years of desktop experience.
- 7+ years server experience.
- 7+ yeas of networking experience.
- Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting abilities.
- Working knowledge of ConnectWise.
- A+, Network +, Security+, MCSE, MCITP, MSCA, CCNA or equivalent a plus.
- Excellent communications/customer relationship skills.
- Senior level knowledge of desktop operating systems.
- Senior level knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of handling complex networked workstation and server configurations.
- Experience in Routers and Network Switches configurations.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to repetitively lift 40lbs
- An ergonomically designed work from home office space.
- Ability to attend the London office as required.
- Ability to travel to client sites within the South Western Ontario
- Possess a valid Driver’s Licence and Clean Drivers record.
Nice to have:
- Previous leadership skills.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Previous sales or customer service experience.