Rostie Tech Hot Jobs: October 5th, 2021
It’s #TechTuesday – and Rostie & Associates is bright with new roles in Canada and the USA.
Looking to make a career change? Check out some of our Hot Jobs!
Sales Engineer (Enterprise Identity & Data Security for the Cloud)
- JOB ID: 3217
- North Eastern United States
Our client is a privately held, extremely well-funded start up; already positioning themselves as a leading provider of enterprise identity and data security platform for AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Kubernetes.
At this time they are hiring a Sales Engineer/Principal Solutions Architect out of the Eastern/North Eastern United States.
In this position you will be responsible for driving the strategy and execution to create awareness, generate demand and pipeline, and increase overall brand recognition for our client and their Public Cloud security platform.
• 5+ years related experience in selling and supporting software and SaaS offerings to cloud and security organizations.
• Knowledge of top cloud providers, security, and cloud security (cloud providers – AWS, Azure, GCP, and traditional security – Firewalls, SIEMs, Endpoints, SOCs)
• Proficient in public cloud architecture including IaaS, PaaS, DBaaS, IAM and permissions models – This is a must-have!
• Network Administration/Architecture/Management Knowledge.
• Prior experience with CSPM, CIEM, CWPP tools
• Domain expertise with cloud operations, security, compliance and dev-ops ci/cd processes.
In return, our client offers the opportunity to work for a Hyper-Growth start-up servicing Fortune 500 clients; Full, Comprehensive Health Coverage, Competitive Compensation and Generous Employee Stock Options
Contact: John Anderson – email@example.com OR 1-800-647-0780 EXT 11122
Senior Accountant – P&C Insurance
- JOB ID: 3201
- Vaughan, ON
Our client, a Multi-National Commercial Insurance Company, is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team in the Vaughan area.
They offer a pension plan, excellent benefits and up to 11% yearly bonus.
About the position:
This position performs very complex accounting work including compilation, consolidation, or analysis of financial statements to support regulatory requirements and management decision making regarding capital. As new regulatory requirements or organizational issues arise, this position conducts analysis on the new rules or requirements and identifies the affects on accounting policies, practices and procedures. This position provides a specialized, technical skill set for use in a variety of financial and operational projects.
Experience with/exposure to IFRS 17 would be an asset but not a “must have”.
The successful candidate will have:
• 4 year College/University Degree in Finance or Accounting
• Possess a CPA or CGA Certification
• 5 – 10 years experience in property & casualty insurance accounting including statutory reporting
• Advanced knowledge of general accounting principles and practices and accounting for taxes
• Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated project management skills; ability to multi-task
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency with financial systems and standard software applications (e.g. PeopleSoft; Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word)
Contact: Pam Inglis – firstname.lastname@example.org OR 1-800-647-0780 EXT 11129
Account Executive – IT Specialist (Cyber Security)
- JOB ID: 3204
- Toronto, ON
Our client is one of Canada’s fastest growing IT security companies. They are expanding and seeking individuals who have a passion for IT and Cyber Security.
They are an IT solution provider specializing in network and security services and product implementation. They offer a fun environment full of smart and technical individuals and they are looking to add those who understand their company values, goals, and beliefs.
Are you someone with high energy, a passion to win, determination and ability to penetrate new accounts? Apply now!
In this role, the Account Executive serves as a direct link between our client and their customers. Whether this individual is inheriting existing or obtaining new accounts, they will be providing ongoing support and serving as the primary point of contact for their Southern Ontario clients. This role is primarily focused on building net-new business across the GTA. This individual will have a thorough understanding of all offerings and actively seek to grow their client portfolio and increase sales. Acting as a liaison with the clients, you will be required to analyze business needs and proficiently sell security, network and data center solutions to resolve specific business needs. The Account Executive will leverage a multi-faceted approach, utilizing phone, email, conferences and in-person selling; all of which will focus on driving and closing business opportunities.
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge and experience within IT is a must
• Persuasion skills to construct a convincing business case, express it clearly and gain consensus around decisions, plans, and actions
• An ability to translate and communicate strategic opportunities into requirements
• Presentation skills to design and deliver effective presentations one-to-one and to groups at executive levels.
• Ability to manage and translate objectives into actions, which are specific, measurable, and achievable with realistic timelines.
• Change management – Ability to work effectively with shifting demands and rapid change. Organizational skills – Ability to plan, coordinate, and monitor a significant number of functions/tasks simultaneously
• Interpersonal skills – Exceptional listening and communication skills and ability to build rapport with customers and diverse audiences in a variety of settings.
• Demonstrated negotiation skills.
• Interest in representing a sophisticated security solutions portfolio including professional services, forensics and advanced solutions such as malware protection and SIEM.
• Minimum of 8 years corporate sales experience with information technology service firms
• Experience selling IT solutions, managed and professional services
• Demonstrated IT Security experience and knowledge – Next-Gen Firewalls, SIEM, Endpoint, Vulnerability Management, etc.
• Experience with commercial, financial and governmental verticals preferred
• A proven record in strategic selling demonstrated thorough performance against a sales quota
Contact: Kevin Suitor – email@example.com