Rostie Tech Hot Jobs: November 9th, 2021
It’s #TechTuesday – and Rostie & Associates is cooking with new roles in Canada and the USA.
Looking to make a career change? Check out some of our Hot Jobs!
Pre-Sales Engineer, Managed Detection and Response
- JOB ID: 3235
- Toronto, ON
Our client is a well-funded Cyber-Security Vendor entering hyper-growth mode. Their market leading, award-winning offering is a Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service that combines cyber-security experts with sophisticated AI technology to protect their customers’ networks, clients, employees, and brands.
They are building the most effective AI-powered MDR. They are a start-up, backed by a global venture capital firm led by diverse set of domain experts with the capital to support rounds through all stages of company growth.
Their teams are diverse and comprised of creative analysts, scientists, marketers, and engineers with a passion for cyber-security. Their team has led cyber-security at the White House, led NVIDIA’s cloud platform, created cloud-services at Amazon, and directed product for DARPA’s Foundational Cyber Warfare Program.
As a Sales Engineer, you will become part of a world-class Pre-Sales team that provides technical and thought leadership of their Managed Detection and Response (MDR) solution. You will work directly with customers while acting as the subject matter expert for the MDR product. You will consistently be delivering product demonstrations that directly address customer pain and emphasize their unique value proposition. During the sales cycle, you will help prospects clarify their MDR and security program requirements, demonstrating their ability to meet and exceed customer requirements and building a positive relationship that will go beyond the initial transaction and provide value to their customers for years to come. Finally, you will collaborate with their Sales, Customer Experience, Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to improve their business and customers’ success. This role, while remote, is based around their Toronto office.
As a Sales Engineer, you will …
• Immerse yourself in the problems facing our customers, the capabilities of our competitors and the nuances of our clients product offerings to achieve expert-level credibility
• Serve as Pre-Sales technical lead, educating prospects on the capabilities and technical differentiation of the service and giving product demonstrations
• Be the go-to internal technical resource for the sales and marketing teams, educating team members in service of providing a consistently positive experience
• Collaborate with all levels of a client’s organization from the C-suite down to individual developers
They would like to speak to you if you …
• Eagerly embrace the challenges of customers in understanding the complex security market and approaches to managing detection and response
• At least 5 years’ experience working in Sales Engineering or other technical Pre-Sales roles that are customer facing OR a minimum of 2.5 years experience working in Cyber Security in a technical Pre-Sales role
• Familiarity with system administration tools and practices, and familiarity with cyber-security tools and practices
• Embody values of trust, continuous improvement, execution and customer focus.
Contact: John Anderson – firstname.lastname@example.org OR 1-800-647-0780 EXT 11122
Account Executive – IT Specialist (Cyber Security)
- JOB ID: 3204
- Toronto, ON
Our client is one of Canada’s fastest growing IT security companies. They are expanding and seeking individuals who have a passion for IT and Cyber Security.
They are an IT solution provider specializing in network and security services and product implementation. They offer a fun environment full of smart and technical individuals and they are looking to add those who understand their company values, goals, and beliefs.
Are you someone with high energy, a passion to win, determination and ability to penetrate new accounts? Apply now!
In this role, the Account Executive serves as a direct link between our client and their customers. Whether this individual is inheriting existing or obtaining new accounts, they will be providing ongoing support and serving as the primary point of contact for their Southern Ontario clients. This role is primarily focused on building net-new business across the GTA. This individual will have a thorough understanding of all offerings and actively seek to grow their client portfolio and increase sales. Acting as a liaison with the clients, you will be required to analyze business needs and proficiently sell security, network and data center solutions to resolve specific business needs. The Account Executive will leverage a multi-faceted approach, utilizing phone, email, conferences and in-person selling; all of which will focus on driving and closing business opportunities.
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge and experience within IT is a must
• Persuasion skills to construct a convincing business case, express it clearly and gain consensus around decisions, plans, and actions
• An ability to translate and communicate strategic opportunities into requirements
• Presentation skills to design and deliver effective presentations one-to-one and to groups at executive levels.
• Ability to manage and translate objectives into actions, which are specific, measurable, and achievable with realistic timelines.
• Change management – Ability to work effectively with shifting demands and rapid change. Organizational skills – Ability to plan, coordinate, and monitor a significant number of functions/tasks simultaneously
• Interpersonal skills – Exceptional listening and communication skills and ability to build rapport with customers and diverse audiences in a variety of settings.
• Demonstrated negotiation skills.
• Interest in representing a sophisticated security solutions portfolio including professional services, forensics and advanced solutions such as malware protection and SIEM.
• Minimum of 8 years corporate sales experience with information technology service firms
• Experience selling IT solutions, managed and professional services
• Demonstrated IT Security experience and knowledge – Next-Gen Firewalls, SIEM, Endpoint, Vulnerability Management, etc.
• Experience with commercial, financial and governmental verticals preferred
• A proven record in strategic selling demonstrated thorough performance against a sales quota
Contact: Kevin Suitor – email@example.com
Catering & Hospitality Coordinator
- JOB ID: 3232
- Toronto, ON
We are a PREMIERE BUSINESS CENTRE located in Toronto’s hottest market, the new “South Core”, and a provider of full service executive offices, team rooms, office rentals, teleconferencing facilities, meeting rooms, training areas, boardrooms and virtual offices.
At this time, we are seeking a CATERING & HOSPITALITY COORDINATOR to join our growing team.
This position will be responsible for all catering for our tenants and meeting room clients and requires a strong background in hospitality and customer service. This is vital to the seamless operation of our business and candidates must be detailed oriented and willing to roll up their sleeves and provide assistance where needed.
Required duties will include but are not limited to:
Manage and develop relationships with catering vendors, up-sell catering services to meeting room clients, review catering requirements with meeting room customers and clients. order catering from approved catering vendors. prepare and serve catered meals and snacks, coffee, tea, etc., manage return of caterer supplies to catering vendors, create, manage and maintain active catering schedule, review and approve vendor invoices for accounts payable, prepare monthly billing for catering services, create and develop catering menu, clean and prepare/break down meeting rooms (Light lifting is involved – catering trays, chairs, tables, etc.), maintain and order catering/kitchen supplies as needed, general housekeeping duties in and around the centre, assist in opening and closing of the centre as needed, train and advise junior staff in regards to catering, maintenance and inventory, assist our Marketing Manager to create menus and associated social media.
This position requires flexible hours. Starting times will vary as some days you will be required to open the centre before usual business hours and other days you will be required to work into the evening. You will also be required to work at least a couple of Saturday’s a month.
Candidates must live in/near the downtown core.
Contact: Pam Inglis – firstname.lastname@example.org OR 1-800-647-0780 EXT 11129
Account Executive – Mid-Market
- JOB ID: 3221
- San Mateo, CA
Our client is the leader in integrated cloud-managed enterprise building security. They combine their cloud-managed software platform with hardware powered by edge-based processing to provide customers with a real-time view into every part of their organization.
• Is building a world-class sales organization and their business requires highly motivated and capable sales professionals.
• Prizes drive and demonstrated success in whatever sales role or industry far more than fancy pedigrees, schools, or a resume with “brand name” companies.
Perks and benefits include
• a fun, positive culture of success
• Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
• Unlimited paid time off & 11 company-wide paid holidays
• Wellness allowance
• Commuter benefits
• Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
• Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
If you live 40 miles away from the office, relocation assistance will be provided.
• Drive and proven success are key – regardless of what you have been selling!
• At least 2+ years of sales experience in a quota-carrying capacity
• Highly effective communication skills, with ability to build rapport, nurture relationships, and strong presentation skills
• Thrive in a dynamic, competitive, and fast-paced startup environment
• Bachelors degree preferred but not required
• Experience in Salesforce is a plus
• Tenacity, drive to learn, and self-motivated
Contact: Kevin Suitor – email@example.com