Rostie Tech Hot Jobs: April 26, 2022
It’s #TechTuesday – and Rostie & Associates is cooking with new roles across North America!
Looking to make a career change? Check out some of our #Hot Jobs!
Strategic Account Executive – Remote
- JOB ID: 3291
- West Coast, United States
The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, you’ll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. Our client has a lot to do with that. They have been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and they are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though they are, they are not resting on their laurels. There’s plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything they do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure!
Note: This person can be located anywhere in the Pacific Time Zone in the U.S.
They seek a seasoned sales professional to join their Strategic Enterprise team. As a Strategic Account Executive, you’ll partner with existing high-profile clients to understand and anticipate their needs, drive up-sell opportunities, and establish our client as critical to their success.
Is a growth mindset baked into your DNA? Do you understand how to build a business case, stay prominent, use resources properly, and manage complex deals through the sales lifecycle? If so, they want to speak with you!
- Become a prominent resource to our Enterprise customers by defining and executing sales plans that will enable their success
- Qualify a subset of assigned accounts through a strong understanding of each company’s IT organization, strategic applications, DevOps initiatives, database install base, and vital IT initiatives
- Build business cases to establish value; develop and present proposals to customers with information that demonstrates our ability to meet the customers’ strategic objectives
- Meet and exceed quota through qualifying, managing, and closing sales opportunities with existing clients
- Grow existing customer share and expand into net new programs
- Drive account strategies and coordinate team-based selling efforts with internal stakeholders on a quarterly and annual basis
- 10+ years of enterprise software sales success selling to executives and CIOs
- Ability to identify new revenue opportunities, conduct market research, and anticipate customer needs
- A strong command of the IT space (to assist in the ability to qualify and prioritize IT software development projects)
- Experience with myriad types of customer conversations; the ability to shift and evolve from a general technical focus up to more complex strategic discussions at the upper echelons of the business (executives)
- A proven capacity to manage time efficiently, meet personal goals, and work collaboratively with other members of the sales organization (SDRs, Sales Engineers and Customer Success Managers)
- Solid presentation skills (to collaborate with Sales Engineers and present pre-sales demos and assessments)
- A willingness to build out an ever-expanding knowledge of our products, competitors, and industry trends
- Ability to think and act independently within a fast paced multi-task driven environment
- Perpetual curiosity around problem solving
- Highly motivated and goal oriented
- Travel required ~25%
- Relational database experience (PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, & SQL Server)
- Experience with Salesforce.comOur client knows it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help them in their mission to supercharge Postgres, and they understand that not everyone will check every box. They would love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
Our client is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. They celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. They were built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of their culture and are key to their integrity.
Contact: Kevin Suitor – email@example.com or (289) 482-1316
Enterprise Account Manager
- JOB ID: 3285
- Toronto, ON
Since 2004, our client has been a trusted partner to security-conscious organizations. Effective security is based on the right combination of expertise, intelligence, and adaptive technology, and our clients SaaS platform scales decades of front-line experience and industry-leading threat intelligence to deliver a range of dynamic cyber defense solutions. Their approach helps organizations develop more effective and efficient cyber security programs and instills confidence in their readiness to defend against and respond to cyber threats.
The Enterprise Account Manager (EAM) is responsible for sales opportunities of their family of solutions within a defined list of accounts. Specifically, this position is responsible for assessing opportunities, developing account plans, contract negotiations, and post sales account management of the assigned Enterprise accounts. The successful EAM is expected to leverage and partner with the Channel Sales team on lead generation, account planning and new account development and/or expanding existing accounts. Further, the EAM is expected to sell the entire product line and must effectively represent the full suite of products and services using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the products/services to their needs, resulting in revenue generation.
This role requires a deep understanding of the market and technologies that the client sells, including our business/industry, our competitors and the ability to use this knowledge to plan for the future. The successful EAM drives a superior customer experience by delivering technology solutions tailored to customer needs and is able to meet and beat their assigned quota. Additionally, the EAM must demonstrate success in the following areas:
- Opportunity Assessment: Personally, oversee and be the primary point-of-contact for named Enterprise accounts. Key deliverable: Value-add product, maintenance, and services opportunities are clearly identified and validated with partners and other resources.
- Account Plan Development: Working with Partner and Channel resources, the successful EAM will develop and prepare an actionable strategic sales plan for top accounts with the largest sales opportunities. Key deliverable: Clearly documented strategic sales and account plans, including short and long-term goals and actions for each named account and associated requirements for team members throughout sales cycle.
- Contract Negotiations: Participate in contract negotiations for named accounts. Key deliverable: Financially sound and resource supported contracts that are clearly aligned with the clients financial objectives while delivering value-added products, maintenance, and services to meet customer requirements.
- Post-Sale Management: Maintain awareness and status of all key contractual obligations within an assigned list of accounts, facilitating customer meetings and communications regarding deliverables where necessary. Key deliverable: Customer expectations are managed upfront, with ongoing status project updates, escalating unresolved issues to account team members and/or key customer sponsor. Effectively matrix-manages cross functional areas to achieve a high level of customer service.
- Must have 8+ years of enterprise software field sales experience
- 5+ years of security solution sales experience (e.g. managed services, threat intelligence, security consulting, etc.)
- Ability to successfully complete solo sales meetings and presentations, with little or no supervision at the highest level of an organization
- Understand the sales process, with acute listening and sales skills
- Ability to clearly articulate issues and concerns to management and support
- Willingness to travel, work odd hours, and be very available
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills
- Instinctive understanding of customer service and satisfaction, with ability to manage both
- Build strong business consulting relationships within assigned accounts and ensure alignment of internal resources i.e. Support, Systems Engineering, and Professional Services, to ensure consistency in the planning and implementation of high value solutions.
- Exercise strong financial skills in the evaluation and preparation of sales opportunities and sufficient organizational and project management skills to manage customer needs and drives issues to resolution; the EAM must also effectively matrix-manage cross functional areas to deliver total solutions based on regional requirements.
- Lead sales strategy sessions for named accounts while contributing to and coordinating the execution of the account plans, ensuring the accurate production of account plans, business case preparation, appropriate contract presentation, and the effective delivery of account plan activities.
- Collect and communicate marketing requirements and competitive data, including pricing, feature needs, license models and value proposition strategies to product stakeholders.
- Maintain and ensure the accuracy and consistency of all sales data across all sales systems Consistently demonstrate strong product knowledge and ability to articulate our value proposition.
Contact: John Anderson – firstname.lastname@example.org OR 1-800-647-0780 EXT 11122
Director of Sales (SaaS) – Series “A” Equity!
- JOB ID: 3282
- United States
Protecting digital infrastructure and the crown jewels of customer organizations
Our client’s mission is to help organizations demonstrate their commitment to upholding laws, standards, and ethical conduct to their communities. Their compliance operations software helps organizations get the visibility, efficiency, and consistency needed to stay on top of all security assurance and compliance work on a continuous basis. Our client also assists in tracking risks as a part of an enterprise risk management program and conducting vendor risk assessments efficiently.
This Director of Sales role leads one of our client’s fast-growing sales teams.
Build a high performance sales team, win new business and make an impact as an early member of a high-growth startup. You inspire others around you, work well across departments and collaborate with team members of varied experience.
You thrive in ambiguous situations and can construct a logical path forward without material oversight. You’re a constant learner, you’re curious and creative, and you enjoy problem solving, whether that is tactics to increase deal velocity or strategies for clients to help them achieve their business goals.
This role will be responsible for selling our client’s automated evidence collection platform, which allows users to collect compliance evidence directly from the other cloud services they use.
What you do …
- Recruit, manage and mentor a growing team of high performing Account Executives, providing them the guidance, coaching, and the support needed to deliver results.
- Exceed quarterly revenue goals and provide accurate forecasts by clearly quantifying opportunity size and likelihood in Salesforce.
- Measure and adjust the results of our client’s sales playbook by testing new sales strategies that will increase deal size, improve win rate, reduce the average days in the sales cycle, and reduce AE ramp time.
- Lead weekly meetings focused on sales coaching, deal strategy, customer stories, industry knowledge and anything else that can help the team succeed.
- Collaborate with your peers in business development, marketing, partnerships and customer success to streamline processes and improve our customer experience.
- Work closely with product management and prospective clients to push the edge of innovation and help shape our roadmap.
- Help your team unlock opportunities by running discovery-based deal strategies, building customized presentations, simplifying contract negotiations, and planning implementations.
What you need to succeed…
- 10+ years of SaaS sales, consistently exceeding annual quotas and winning awards
- 3+ years of leading a full sales cycle team with deep expertise in new customer prospecting strategy and tactics.
- Demonstrated performance at high growth, VC-backed technology companies
- Advanced business degree (MBA) preferred
Why consider this role…
Our client recently raised $16.5 million in our Series A financing, validating our teamwork, growing customer base, and our company mission to reinvent compliance operations that help organizations build trust through proof.
- Competitive salary and an opportunity for Series A equity
- Unlimited PTO (and they actually take it)
- 401k and generous match so you can start saving for the future immediately
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Quarterly Wellness benefit
- Company get togethers to meet your remote peers
- Remote stipend to make sure you are 100% equipped for the job ahead
Contact: Kevin Suitor – email@example.com or (289) 482-1316