Financial Reporting Analyst
- JOB ID: 3243
- Vaughan, ON
This position performs very complex accounting work including compilation, preparation and analysis of financial statements to support regulatory and tax accounting requirements and management decision making regarding capital. As new regulatory or accounting requirements or organizational issues arise, this position conducts analysis on the new rules or requirements and identifies the effects on accounting policies, practices and procedures. This position provides a specialized, technical skill set for use in financial projects including responsibility for the migration to the new accounting standard IFRS 17.
• Mandatory experience in property & casualty insurance accounting, knowledge of IFRS17 an asset. Knowledge of general accounting principles and practices including IFRS17 and accounting for taxes
• 5-10 years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• Enrollment in CPA program preferred
• Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency with financial systems and standard software applications (e.g. PeopleSoft; Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word)
While there may be the option to work from home one day a week or so, this role is, essentially, “in office”.
Contact: Pam Inglis – firstname.lastname@example.org OR 1-800-647-0780 EXT 11129