Executive Director – Greater Toronto Area
Our client is a non-profit, charitable organization reflecting the values consistent with Catholic social teachings. Their mission is to provide services that assist in the settlement and integration of immigrants and refugees.
For almost 60 years, they have served all newcomers regardless of race, religion, age, country of origin, immigration status or political affiliation. They provide services in Scarborough, Mississauga and Brampton, and in collaboration with other organizations, through other community locations in the Greater Toronto Area.
They are currently seeking an Executive Director to lead the agency. The incumbent will report to the Board of Directors and will be responsible for strategic leadership and the achievement of the short-term and long-term goals of the organization. In collaboration with the Board of Directors, the incumbent will periodically develop a strategic plan aligned to their vision and lead the development, execution, management and evaluation of programs that meet the needs of clients. The Executive Director will be accountable for the effective day-to-day operation of the agency. This will include annual budgeting, resource planning, policy formulation, risk management, compliance with relevant legislation and setting and monitoring fundraising targets. The incumbent will represent the organization within the community, ensuring positive public relations, and building and maintaining effective relationships with employees, funders, partners and stakeholders and the wider community.
The incumbent will be knowledgeable of and committed to Catholic Social Teachings; and be able to articulate their Mission and Values and inspire others to become involved with the agency.
Qualifications and Skills
- An undergraduate degree or related experience
- At least five (5) years in a senior management experience within a not-for-profit organization or equivalent experience is a requirement
- In-depth understanding of immigrants and refugees and the settlement and integration sector is an asset
- Experience engaging and working with communities of diverse background is an asset
- Proven experience working with different levels of government is a requirement
- Experience in marketing, public relations, stakeholder engagement, relationship management and influencing decision makers
- Well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Proven ability to develop trusting relationships with staff through valuing their input, following through on commitments and using a collaborative style for managing change
- Results-oriented and highly credible leader with a track record of success influencing and implementing the strategic and financial plan of an organization
- Entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative in business planning and execution
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to be the public face of the organization
- Knowledge of fundraising trends, campaign development and CRA guidelines will be an asset
- Demonstrated financial management skills including working with budgets and financial statements
- Ability to communicate in a second language is an asset
- Experience in successfully managing projects and programs
- Knowledge of effective human resource practices
- Strong computer skills including spread sheets and databases and be open/encouraging of Digital Transformation to take advantage of new technology tools
- Proven ability to build and maintain community partnerships
- Experience in program development is an asset