- JOB ID: 3201
- Vaughan, ON
Our client, a Multi-National Commercial Insurance Company, is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team in the Vaughan area.
They offer a pension plan, excellent benefits and up to 11% yearly bonus.
About the position:
This position performs very complex accounting work including compilation, consolidation, or analysis of financial statements to support regulatory requirements and management decision making regarding capital. As new regulatory requirements or organizational issues arise, this position conducts analysis on the new rules or requirements and identifies the affects on accounting policies, practices and procedures. This position provides a specialized, technical skill set for use in a variety of financial and operational projects.
The position includes responsibility for the migration to the new accounting standard IFRS 17.
The successful candidate will have:
• 4 year College/University Degree in Finance or Accounting
• Possess a CPA or CGA Certification
• 5 – 10 years experience in property & casualty insurance accounting with focus on IFRS and statutory reporting
• Advanced knowledge of general accounting principles and practices including IFRS-17 and accounting for taxes
• Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated project management skills; ability to multi-task
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency with financial systems and standard software applications (e.g. PeopleSoft; Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word)
Contact: Pam Inglis – firstname.lastname@example.org OR 1-800-647-0780 EXT 11129