Rostie Tech Hot Jobs: September 14, 2021
Rostie Tech Hot Jobs: September 14, 2021
It’s #TechTuesday – and Rostie & Associates is bright with new developer roles in Canada.
Looking to make a career change? Check out some of our Hot Jobs!
Senior Software Engineer – Developer Platform (Front-end)
- JOB ID: 3191
- Anywhere Canada
With a $1.2 billion valuation and over $250 million in funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, Felicis Ventures, etc, our client attracts top talent from leading tech companies, and every member of their team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to collaborate and be productive from anywhere.
At this time, they are seeking a SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER with a traditional Computer Science Degree who has concentrated on building SaaS products using modern Java Script (Vue/React/Angular).
Every engineer on their global Engineering team is given the opportunity to take ownership of a large portion of the product where they’re able to see immediate results. Combining natural language processing and artificial intelligence with world-class cloud computing, the things you’ll create will shape the future of work—enabling companies to work from anywhere and making business communication more human.
The developer platform team builds frameworks that external developers use to build integrations and plug-ins. The developer platform is key for scaling out our clients integrations offerings, and has seen rapid adoption from third party developers since its inception. Engineers on this team build frontend plug-in frameworks, client libraries, and backend public APIs and event frameworks. They work closely with a technical product manager who connects with developers to identify their workflows and needs.
Who you are
You’re an experienced engineer who would be excited to build and enhance the front-end aspects of our developer platform. You would love to build a generic, re-usable, and robust platform that developers can use to plug in to our clients platform.
Our tech stack:
• VueJS (single page application)
• Google Cloud Platform
• Elastic Search
Contact: John Anderson – firstname.lastname@example.org OR 1-800-647-0780 EXT 11122
Software Technical Lead
- JOB ID: 3184
- Toronto, ON
Our client is a real estate services company powered by technology. Designed to enable success in selling and managing new home transactions across Canada, they provide a portfolio of services and the most trusted transaction management software (TMS) platform.
They are experiencing tremendous growth in response to their trusted services and platform, and they are seeking an experienced and driven Full- Time Technical Lead to help their software development teams execute on high impact initiatives that fuel their growth. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, as a Technical Lead, you will champion the day-to-day operations by leveraging your experience with full-stack design and development, as well as coaching their growing software development teams.
If you are a technology enthusiast with a passion for creating great software and possess strong critical thinking skills and demonstrated experience architecting secure, scalable, reliable applications, they will want to talk to you!
Why this role will appeal to you:
• Meaningful work: You will also have the opportunity to learn new things, have a front row seat to a rapidly evolving company, grow professionally and have the chance to make your
mark on a trillion-dollar real estate industry.
• Hyper-Growth: The client is growing exponentially; you’ll be joining at an exciting time where your contributions matter every day!
• Great Culture: They foster a culture of well-being and connectedness! To keep things fun and stress-free they have a number of team bonding activities including weekly game
sessions they like to call B4, Virtual Wellness Sessions (midday stretches, spring step contest), and more.
• Enjoy a flexible work environment, unlimited vacation, competitive salary+ Benefits package.
• 6-8+ years experience in software development using C# and .NET (Framework 4.5 and Core).
• 1+ year of experience of successfully leading a team and mentoring teammates on new ways to deepen their technical craft.
• Experience with REST APIs, Microservices Architecture, Event-Driven Architecture.
• Strong Docker (containers) experience will win our immediate attention.
• Proficiency in Architecting an application and can understand how business trade-offs impact technical choices, and vice versa.
• Expertise in designing & delivering scalable, high-performance Angular applications.
• Hands-on with creating documentation, operational excellence, clean code, and testing practices to promote system reliability.
• Experience working in a cloud environment (Azure is preferred).
• Ability to manage technical debt and feature development to continuously deliver user value without compromising technical quality.
• Strong experience using CI/CD automation/build tools.
• Adaptability to embrace unexpected changes in direction as well as excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to clearly communicate and proficient in leading, discussing or diving deep into technology concepts, options and new opportunities.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent.
Contact: Kevin Suitor – email@example.com
Senior Account Executive – Technology Services
- JOB ID: 3202
- New York City
This position will be responsible for selling the client’s Technology Services. They are an outsourcing provider, specializing in financial services, cloud technologies & managed services. This seasoned sales executive will focus on building a pipeline and generating new client business. The successful candidate will display a strong understanding of the asset management industry and be comfortable presenting fully integrated technology and staffing solutions to senior level executives. In addition to having 7-10+ years of senior sales experience positioning solutions in the investment management arena
Minimum of 7-10+ years of successful direct selling experience to investment management firms, hedge funds or fund administrators
Bachelor’s Degree (Technology discipline preferred)
Strong technical knowledge of market leading technologies in Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Managed Services & Cybersecurity
Specific knowledge of Office365 & azure required. Knowledge of automation (AIOps) desirable
A good understanding of compliance within finance, global data privacy laws & regulatory technical solutions
Strong industry experience, specifically in investment management, with the ability to talk on a peer-to-peer level with senior portfolio managers, compliance officer traders, technology offices and C-level executives
Available and willing to travel within Manhattan for sales meetings , travel outside of NY up to 10%
You will be required to be in the office 1 – 2 times per week
Contact: Pam Inglis – firstname.lastname@example.org OR 1-800-647-0780 EXT 11129