It’s #TechTuesday – and Rostie & Associates is cooking with new roles across North America!
Looking to make a career change? Check out some of our #Hot Jobs!
Strategic Account Executive
- JOB ID: 3291,
- Remote – West Coast, USA
The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, you’ll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. Our client has a lot to do with that. They have been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and they are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though they are, they are not resting on their laurels. There’s plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything they do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure!
Note: This person can be located anywhere in the Pacific Time Zone in the U.S.
They seek a seasoned sales professional to join their Strategic Enterprise team. As a Strategic Account Executive, you’ll partner with existing high-profile clients to understand and anticipate their needs, drive up-sell opportunities, and establish our client as critical to their success.
Is a growth mindset baked into your DNA? Do you understand how to build a business case, stay prominent, use resources properly, and manage complex deals through the sales lifecycle? If so, they want to speak with you!
- Become a prominent resource to our Enterprise customers by defining and executing sales plans that will enable their success
- Qualify a subset of assigned accounts through a strong understanding of each company’s IT organization, strategic applications, DevOps initiatives, database install base, and vital IT initiatives
- Build business cases to establish value; develop and present proposals to customers with information that demonstrates our ability to meet the customers’ strategic objectives
- Meet and exceed quota through qualifying, managing, and closing sales opportunities with existing clients
- Grow existing customer share and expand into net new programs
- Drive account strategies and coordinate team-based selling efforts with internal stakeholders on a quarterly and annual basis
- 10+ years of enterprise software sales success selling to executives and CIOs
- Ability to identify new revenue opportunities, conduct market research, and anticipate customer needs
- A strong command of the IT space (to assist in the ability to qualify and prioritize IT software development projects)
- Experience with myriad types of customer conversations; the ability to shift and evolve from a general technical focus up to more complex strategic discussions at the upper echelons of the business (executives)
- A proven capacity to manage time efficiently, meet personal goals, and work collaboratively with other members of the sales organization (SDRs, Sales Engineers and Customer Success Managers)
- Solid presentation skills (to collaborate with Sales Engineers and present pre-sales demos and assessments)
- A willingness to build out an ever-expanding knowledge of our products, competitors, and industry trends
- Ability to think and act independently within a fast paced multi-task driven environment
- Perpetual curiosity around problem solving
- Highly motivated and goal oriented
- Travel required ~25%
- Relational database experience (PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, & SQL Server)
- Experience with Salesforce.comOur client knows it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help them in their mission to supercharge Postgres, and they understand that not everyone will check every box. They would love to hear from you and we want you to apply!Our client is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. They celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. They were built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of their culture and are key to their integrity.
Contact: Kevin Suitor – firstname.lastname@example.org or (289) 482-1316
Pre-Sales Engineer (Cyber Security)
- JOB ID: 3301
- Montreal & West coast, Canada
The Sales Engineer is a customer-focused, highly technical sales professional who provides support and guidance to prospective and current customers, while collaborating with Sales Account Managers and partner organizations to recommend and develop appropriate Security-focused solution offerings. The Sales Engineer (SE) acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in the Cyber Security field by the account team, channel partners and customers.
Our client is a global company redefining the future of cyber-security. The company’s open and native extended detection and response (XDR) platform helps organizations confronted by today’s most advanced threats gain confidence in the protection and resilience of their operations. Our client’s security experts, along with an extensive partner ecosystem, accelerate technology innovation through machine learning and automation to empower over 40,000 business and government customers.
The Sales Engineer is a customer-focused, highly technical sales professional who provides support and guidance to prospective and current customers, while collaborating with Sales Account Managers and partner organizations to recommend and develop appropriate Security-focused solution offerings.
The Sales Engineer (SE) acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in the Cyber Security field by the account team, channel partners and customers.
What You Will Do:
- Understand the customer’s business requirements and how to map these to a solution that meets both their needs and budget
- Develop and present the benefits of products and services to both technical and non-technical audiences. Understand our clients differentiators. Research the technical requirements of an opportunity to scope and architect a solution that meets the customer’s needs
- Conduct Proof of Concept (POC) engagements on sales opportunities. This includes scoping the appropriate use cases in agreement with customer, installation and configuration of products. Provides POC report/findings once completed
- Collaborate with customer/partner network engineers, architects, operation support staff disciplines to determine the best comprehensive design, while supporting current and long-term needs of the infrastructure and related stakeholders
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations, including demonstration of products in-line with customer requirements and in support of marketing/partner activities
- Act as an interface between the Sales organization and technical staff to resolve outstanding issues, engaging product management/engineering as required
- Work closely with customers to grow and expand the implementation/integration of products
- If you feel you have 75% of the above and are confident you could learn the rest, please consider joining their team.
Day-to-day operations and interactions will involve some the following technology areas:
- Security Operations Center (SOC) Operations – SIEMs (ArcSight / Spunk), SOAR, xDR, Ticketing systems (Remedy), RBAC or similar
- Host-based Forensics and Windows Internals
- Network Forensics – Packet Capture and Analysis
- Cloud Infrastructure and Applications e.g. AWS, Azure, Openstack, Google cloud or similar
- Network Security – Firewalls, IDS / IPS, HTTP/SSL Proxies
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Experience in Cyber Security space and networking technology space
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with technical and non-technical personnel from deep geeks to top execs
- Excellent knowledge and experience with a wide variety of IT technologies and security solutions
- Overnight travel throughout the assigned territory/region is periodically required, very occasional long haul.
- Ability to independently prioritize and execute project tasks in a methodical and disciplined manner. Set and manage expectations with senior stake-holders and team members.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of products and solutions.
- Familiarity with various hacking and exploitation tools and methodologies, common malware families, and Anti-Virus / IDS / IPS evasion techniques
- Knowledge of industry frameworks e.g. MITRE desirable
- CISSP or other security qualifications desired (but not mandatory)
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our client works hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. They offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of their employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
Contact: John Anderson – email@example.com OR 1-800-647-0780 EXT 11122
Partner Account Executive – ISV/OEM
- JOB ID: 3269
- United States
This position is fully remote and can be based anywhere in the continental USA.
The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, you’ll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. Our client has a lot to do with that.
”We’ve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. There’s plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.!”
We seek a Partner Account Executive. In this role, you will be responsible for the development of our partners across the Americas region. The role reports directly to the VP, Global Channels and Alliances. The position is hands on with full individual responsibility to drive revenue from across our various partners in the region. You’ll devise and manage enablement and communication, create strategic co-initiatives, and oversee tactical projects and co-marketing projects. This will require the candidate to garner support and manage resources internally across the sales and delivery operations as well as with the client.
- Work with and report to the senior partner team to build revenue generating plans and develop new plans across the territory to ensure alignment of business goals
- Work closely with regional sales, PS and the technology teams to further develop the platform fit within the partner’s core business model as an OEM application provider
Create, support, track, and measure all sales initiatives with partners using our CRM system, Salesforce.com
- Design, implement, and execute business and GTM plans for each partner and build effective measurements that clearly show revenue milestones are being met
- Ensure partner teams are suitably trained and enabled to drive incremental revenue
- Manage partner relationships at Executive, Sales, and Technical levels
- Provide on-going communication and reporting to the global management team
- Develop and manage partners to effectively “scale out” our partner ecosystem across regions throughout the Americas
- 10+ years of experience of delivering incremental revenue via the direct management of partners
- 10+ years of experience in high-tech sales, with particular reference to working with influential stake-holders from partners
- A track record of achieving individual and company revenue goals
- Demonstrated lengthy tenure experience and solid results working strategically and evangelizing with large SI’s, Technology Vendors and ISVs and local resellers
- Solid working knowledge and experience with the database or other infrastructure software products, either directly or from a competitive perspective is desirable
- Strong team player with an exceptional ability to work in a matrix team environment
- Solid program management and business development skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Willingness to travel across the region (post-COVID)
Contact: Kevin Suitor – firstname.lastname@example.org or (289) 482-1316