Rostie Tech Hot Jobs: August 31, 2021
It’s #TechTuesday – and Rostie & Associates is heating up with new roles in Canada and the USA.
Looking to make a career change? Check out some of our Hot Jobs!
Senior Account Executive – Technology Services
- JOB ID: 3202
- New York City
This position will be responsible for selling the client’s Technology Services. They are an outsourcing provider, specializing in financial services, cloud technologies & managed services. This seasoned sales executive will focus on building a pipeline and generating new client business. The successful candidate will display a strong understanding of the asset management industry and be comfortable presenting fully integrated technology and staffing solutions to senior level executives. In addition to having 7-10+ years of senior sales experience positioning solutions in the investment management arena
Minimum of 7-10+ years of successful direct selling experience to investment management firms, hedge funds or fund administrators
Bachelor’s Degree (Technology discipline preferred)
Strong technical knowledge of market leading technologies in Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Managed Services & Cybersecurity
Specific knowledge of Office365 & azure required. Knowledge of automation (AIOps) desirable
A good understanding of compliance within finance, global data privacy laws & regulatory technical solutions
Strong industry experience, specifically in investment management, with the ability to talk on a peer-to-peer level with senior portfolio managers, compliance officer traders, technology offices and C-level executives
Available and willing to travel within Manhattan for sales meetings , travel outside of NY up to 10%
You will be required to be in the office 1 – 2 times per week
Contact: Pam Inglis – email@example.com OR 1-800-647-0780 EXT 11129
- JOB ID: 3174
- Southwestern, ON
Have you been researching careers? Do you have sales talent?
Headquartered out of London, Ontario, our client provides the best in VOIP communications for business and growing by saving customers money, improving communications and delivering exceptional service. They want to accelerate that growth and need your help; they are looking for a hardworking sales executive looking to expand their career and join them out of their London office.
• Primary responsibility is Achieving monthly Quota
• Generating Leads and Opportunities through outbound, strategic & targeted prospecting into small and medium-sized companies
• Prospecting into cold accounts and following up on warm leads
• Collaborating with operations and technical teams on deployment
• Pipeline Management and Reporting
• University Degree or 3 year College Diploma
• 2 years minimum experience in B2B sales or consultancy background
• Time management
In return for your skills, our client is offering a competitive base salary plus an exciting commission plan to drive earnings.
Contact: Tyler Blackwell – firstname.lastname@example.org
- JOB ID: 3201
- Vaughan, ON
Our client, a Multi-National Commercial Insurance Company, is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team in the Vaughan area.
They offer a pension plan, excellent benefits and up to 11% yearly bonus.
About the position:
This position performs very complex accounting work including compilation, consolidation, or analysis of financial statements to support regulatory requirements and management decision making regarding capital. As new regulatory requirements or organizational issues arise, this position conducts analysis on the new rules or requirements and identifies the affects on accounting policies, practices and procedures. This position provides a specialized, technical skill set for use in a variety of financial and operational projects.
The position includes responsibility for the migration to the new accounting standard IFRS 17.
The successful candidate will have:
• 4 year College/University Degree in Finance or Accounting
• Possess a CPA or CGA Certification
• 5 – 10 years experience in property & casualty insurance accounting with focus on IFRS and statutory reporting
• Advanced knowledge of general accounting principles and practices including IFRS-17 and accounting for taxes
• Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated project management skills; ability to multi-task
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency with financial systems and standard software applications (e.g. PeopleSoft; Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word)
Contact: Pam Inglis – email@example.com OR 1-800-647-0780 EXT 11129
Software Technical Lead
- JOB ID: 3184
- Toronto, ON
Our client is a real estate services company powered by technology. Designed to enable success in selling and managing new home transactions across Canada, they provide a portfolio of services and the most trusted transaction management software (TMS) platform.
They are experiencing tremendous growth in response to their trusted services and platform, and they are seeking an experienced and driven Full- Time Technical Lead to help their software development teams execute on high impact initiatives that fuel their growth. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, as a Technical Lead, you will champion the day-to-day operations by leveraging your experience with full-stack design and development, as well as coaching their growing software development teams.
If you are a technology enthusiast with a passion for creating great software and possess strong critical thinking skills and demonstrated experience architecting secure, scalable, reliable applications, they will want to talk to you!
Why this role will appeal to you:
• Meaningful work: You will also have the opportunity to learn new things, have a front row seat to a rapidly evolving company, grow professionally and have the chance to make your
mark on a trillion-dollar real estate industry.
• Hyper-Growth: The client is growing exponentially; you’ll be joining at an exciting time where your contributions matter every day!
• Great Culture: They foster a culture of well-being and connectedness! To keep things fun and stress-free they have a number of team bonding activities including weekly game
sessions they like to call B4, Virtual Wellness Sessions (midday stretches, spring step contest), and more.
• Enjoy a flexible work environment, unlimited vacation, competitive salary+ Benefits package.
• 6-8+ years experience in software development using C# and .NET (Framework 4.5 and Core).
• 1+ year of experience of successfully leading a team and mentoring teammates on new ways to deepen their technical craft.
• Experience with REST APIs, Microservices Architecture, Event-Driven Architecture.
• Strong Docker (containers) experience will win our immediate attention.
• Proficiency in Architecting an application and can understand how business trade-offs impact technical choices, and vice versa.
• Expertise in designing & delivering scalable, high-performance Angular applications.
• Hands-on with creating documentation, operational excellence, clean code, and testing practices to promote system reliability.
• Experience working in a cloud environment (Azure is preferred).
• Ability to manage technical debt and feature development to continuously deliver user value without compromising technical quality.
• Strong experience using CI/CD automation/build tools.
• Adaptability to embrace unexpected changes in direction as well as excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to clearly communicate and proficient in leading, discussing or diving deep into technology concepts, options and new opportunities.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent.
Contact: Kevin Suitor – firstname.lastname@example.org