Pre-Sales Engineer (Cyber Security)
- JOB ID: 3301
- GTA & Montreal, Canada
The Sales Engineer is a customer-focused, highly technical sales professional who provides support and guidance to prospective and current customers, while collaborating with Sales Account Managers and partner organizations to recommend and develop appropriate Security-focused solution offerings. The Sales Engineer (SE) acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in the Cyber Security field by the account team, channel partners and customers.
Our client is a global company redefining the future of cyber-security. The company’s open and native extended detection and response (XDR) platform helps organizations confronted by today’s most advanced threats gain confidence in the protection and resilience of their operations. Our client’s security experts, along with an extensive partner ecosystem, accelerate technology innovation through machine learning and automation to empower over 40,000 business and government customers.
The Sales Engineer is a customer-focused, highly technical sales professional who provides support and guidance to prospective and current customers, while collaborating with Sales Account Managers and partner organizations to recommend and develop appropriate Security-focused solution offerings.
The Sales Engineer (SE) acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in the Cyber Security field by the account team, channel partners and customers.
What You Will Do:
- Understand the customer’s business requirements and how to map these to a solution that meets both their needs and budget
- Develop and present the benefits of products and services to both technical and non-technical audiences. Understand our clients differentiators. Research the technical requirements of an opportunity to scope and architect a solution that meets the customer’s needs
- Conduct Proof of Concept (POC) engagements on sales opportunities. This includes scoping the appropriate use cases in agreement with customer, installation and configuration of products. Provides POC report/findings once completed
- Collaborate with customer/partner network engineers, architects, operation support staff disciplines to determine the best comprehensive design, while supporting current and long-term needs of the infrastructure and related stakeholders
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations, including demonstration of products in-line with customer requirements and in support of marketing/partner activities
- Act as an interface between the Sales organization and technical staff to resolve outstanding issues, engaging product management/engineering as required
- Work closely with customers to grow and expand the implementation/integration of products
- If you feel you have 75% of the above and are confident you could learn the rest, please consider joining their team.
Day-to-day operations and interactions will involve some the following technology areas:
- Security Operations Center (SOC) Operations – SIEMs (ArcSight / Spunk), SOAR, xDR, Ticketing systems (Remedy), RBAC or similar
- Host-based Forensics and Windows Internals
- Network Forensics – Packet Capture and Analysis
- Cloud Infrastructure and Applications e.g. AWS, Azure, Openstack, Google cloud or similar
- Network Security – Firewalls, IDS / IPS, HTTP/SSL Proxies
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Experience in Cyber Security space and networking technology space
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with technical and non-technical personnel from deep geeks to top execs
- Excellent knowledge and experience with a wide variety of IT technologies and security solutions
- Overnight travel throughout the assigned territory/region is periodically required, very occasional long haul.
- Ability to independently prioritize and execute project tasks in a methodical and disciplined manner. Set and manage expectations with senior stake-holders and team members.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of products and solutions.
- Familiarity with various hacking and exploitation tools and methodologies, common malware families, and Anti-Virus / IDS / IPS evasion techniques
- Knowledge of industry frameworks e.g. MITRE desirable
- CISSP or other security qualifications desired (but not mandatory)
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our client works hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. They offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of their employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
Contact: John Anderson – email@example.com OR 1-800-647-0780 EXT 11122