Data Engineer – Level 3
- JOB ID: 3274
- North America
As a Data Engineer, reporting to the Software Development Manager, you will lead the implementation of our cutting edge Data Platform. Working in an Agile/XP environment you will leverage your skills in ETL/ELT, data modeling, database schema design and cloud architecture. As an experienced engineer, you will guide the creation of near real-time streaming pipelines and design the layout of data in the data warehouse.
This is a remote position that can be based anywhere in North America, but candidates must be able and willing to work East Cost hours.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work on a cross-functional agile team alongside other Data Engineers, Software Developers, Agile Testers, Designers and Product Managers to design and implement our data warehouse and related components
- Lead the architectural design of the data warehouse, data pipelines and cloud infrastructure to support them
- Apply knowledge of infrastructure automation, test automation and database theory to guide technical decisions.
- Participate in team Agile rituals such as Stand-up Sprint Planning, and Retrospective meetings.
- Participate in team on-call rotation.
- Provide technical mentorship other Software Developers and Data Engineers.
- Perform and provide meaningful feedback in code reviews.
- Set standards for code quality, design patterns and development techniques
- Become an expert in our clients’ business domains.
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Expert in relational databases, SQL and database schema design
- Expert in ETL and ELT techniques
- Expert with data warehouse technologies such as Snowflake or Redshift
- Experience with streaming data architectures using tools like Kafka
- Experience with cloud hosting, AWS preferred
- Proficient in DevOps and infrastructure automation (Terraform, DBT)
- Excellent communication skills
- +5 years Software Development experience
- BSc or related degree, College Diploma in Computer Programming or related field, code boot camp or equivalent work experience
Contact: Kevin Suitor – email@example.com