Catering & Hospitality Coordinator
We are a flexible office provider and event venue located in Toronto’s Waterfront neighbourhood. We provide full service executive offices, flexible workspace, virtual offices, meeting and training rooms, as well as hybrid meetings.
At this time, we are seeking a catering and hospitality coordinator to join our growing team.
Required duties will include but are not limited to:
- Manage and develop relationships with catering vendors
- Up-sell catering services to meeting room clients
- Review catering requirements with meeting room customers and clients.
- Order catering from approved catering vendors.
- Prepare and serve catered meals and snacks, coffee, tea, etc.,
- Manage return of caterer supplies to catering vendors, create
- Manage and maintain active catering schedule
- Review and approve vendor invoices for accounts payable
- Create and develop catering menu
- Clean and prepare/break down meeting rooms (Light lifting is involved – catering trays, chairs, etc.)
- Maintain and order catering/kitchen supplies as needed
- Assisting with general duties in and around the centre, such as assisting in opening and closing of the centre if necessary
- Train and advise junior staff in regards to catering, maintenance and inventory
- Assist our Marketing Manager to create menus and associated social media.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has experience working with food, and loves it
- Has knowledge of Toronto’s food scene, as well as trends in the food and events world
- Is well organized, detail-oriented, able to plan ahead, and can get ahead of problems before they become problems
- Has a team-player attitude but can also work solo
- Has strong computer/technology skills
- Has great customer service skills
- Preference is given to applicants with relevant educational experience and food handler certification.
This position requires flexible hours, as starting times will vary.
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits
- Two weeks’ vacation per year
- Wellness package, including gym membership
- Opportunities for growth
Candidates must live in/near the downtown core.