It’s #TechTuesday – and Rostie & Associates is cooking with new roles across in Ontario!
Looking to make a career change? Check out some of our #Hot Jobs in this week’s edition of our #hirelocal #hotjobs.
Executive Director – Greater Toronto Area
Ref: Rostie Job ID# 3338
Our client is a non-profit, charitable organization reflecting the values consistent with Catholic social teachings. Their mission is to provide services that assist in the settlement and integration of immigrants and refugees.
For almost 60 years, they have served all newcomers regardless of race, religion, age, country of origin, immigration status or political affiliation. They provide services in Scarborough, Mississauga and Brampton, and in collaboration with other organizations, through other community locations in the Greater Toronto Area.
They are currently seeking an Executive Director to lead the agency. The incumbent will report to the Board of Directors and will be responsible for strategic leadership and the achievement of the short-term and long-term goals of the organization. In collaboration with the Board of Directors, the incumbent will periodically develop a strategic plan aligned to their vision and lead the development, execution, management and evaluation of programs that meet the needs of clients. The Executive Director will be accountable for the effective day-to-day operation of the agency. This will include annual budgeting, resource planning, policy formulation, risk management, compliance with relevant legislation and setting and monitoring fundraising targets. The incumbent will represent the organization within the community, ensuring positive public relations, and building and maintaining effective relationships with employees, funders, partners and stakeholders and the wider community.
The incumbent will be knowledgeable of and committed to Catholic Social Teachings; and be able to articulate their Mission and Values and inspire others to become involved with the agency.
Qualifications and Skills
- An undergraduate degree or related experience
- At least five (5) years in a senior management experience within a not-for-profit organization or equivalent experience is a requirement
- In-depth understanding of immigrants and refugees and the settlement and integration sector is an asset
- Experience engaging and working with communities of diverse background is an asset
- Proven experience working with different levels of government is a requirement
- Experience in marketing, public relations, stakeholder engagement, relationship management and influencing decision makers
- Well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Proven ability to develop trusting relationships with staff through valuing their input, following through on commitments and using a collaborative style for managing change
- Results-oriented and highly credible leader with a track record of success influencing and implementing the strategic and financial plan of an organization
- Entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative in business planning and execution
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to be the public face of the organization
- Knowledge of fundraising trends, campaign development and CRA guidelines will be an asset
- Demonstrated financial management skills including working with budgets and financial statements
- Ability to communicate in a second language is an asset
- Experience in successfully managing projects and programs
- Knowledge of effective human resource practices
- Strong computer skills including spread sheets and databases and be open/encouraging of Digital Transformation to take advantage of new technology tools
- Proven ability to build and maintain community partnerships
- Experience in program development is an asset
Please contact John Anderson for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Systems Administrator – L3 Support – London, Ontario
Ref: Rostie Job ID# 3339
Our client, a growing, Canadian owned and managed IT Support and Solutions company, is hiring a Systems Administrator in the London, ON area.
** This is not a remote position and the SA will be expected In Office when not at client site. **
Reporting to the Manager of Service and Operations, this position is responsible for providing complex technical support related to computers systems, hardware, or software.
This position will be the enhanced escalated response resource for clients and will perform final analysis and troubleshooting to rectify problems and, if necessary, provide recommendations for enhanced products and services to prevent the problem in the future.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on necessary tickets.
- Creates ticketing system for failed back-ups, etc.
- Creates SOPs for all 3rd party software.
- Manages system escalations working with the I.T Analyst to resolve complex issues to ensure the ticket can be resolved.
- Keep all Third-party applications that we use up to date, within compliance and checking non utilized units to remove additional licenses where possible.
- Manage ScalePad, RMM, Max Backup, EDR, LogMeIn, Remote PC, Data Centre, Dark Web, Miradore, FortiGate & any other software as needed.
- Provide suggestions on new software to improve efficiency.
- Assist with deep dives of managed clients, setting up company profiles.
- Confirm new/amended client agreements with Manager of Service, Finance and Operations.
- Confirm service hand off, allowing Project Coordinator to provide client with support information.
Specific Job Tasks:
- Assist Helpdesk Service Technicians and Field Support Technicians when they are unable to resolve a ticket to provide resolution on complex issues.
- Assist with any complex I.T. setups, maintenance and troubleshooting as needed.
- Provide SOPs as necessary to enhance learning capabilities for Technicians.
- Provide training quarterly for all Technicians and as needed to ensure their competency for managing client request.
- Maintain ownership over ticketing systems, provided data analysis and reports as required.
- Configure, Deploy, & Troubleshoot (AD, RDS, File & Print, Application, and Hyper-V Servers).
- Configure, Deploy, & Troubleshoot (Routers, Switches, AP’s, VLANS and Modems).
- Complete Domain Renewals.
- Complete Office 365 license and email setups, edits and deletions.
- Managing 365 Tenants, DNS records and any other items associated to the 365 platform
- Perform Root Cause Analysis techniques and document findings to present to I.T Analyst and Manager of Service and Operations to ensure issues are resolved.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent education and work experience.
- 7+ years of desktop experience.
- 7+ years server experience.
- 7+ yeas of networking experience.
- Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting abilities.
- Working knowledge of ConnectWise.
- A+, Network +, Security+, MCSE, MCITP, MSCA, CCNA or equivalent a plus.
- Excellent communications/customer relationship skills.
- Senior level knowledge of desktop operating systems.
- Senior level knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of handling complex networked workstation and server configurations.
- Experience in Routers and Network Switches configurations.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to repetitively lift 40lbs
- An ergonomically designed work from home office space.
- Ability to attend the London office as required.
- Ability to travel to client sites within the South Western Ontario
- Possess a valid Driver’s Licence and Clean Drivers record.
Nice to have:
- Previous leadership skills.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Previous sales or customer service experience.