Pre-Sales Engineer, Managed Detection and Response
JOB ID: 3235,Toronto, ON
Our client is a well-funded Cyber-Security Vendor entering hyper-growth mode. Their market leading, award-winning offering is a Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service that combines cyber-security experts with sophisticated AI technology to protect their customers’ networks, clients, employees, and brands.
They are building the most effective AI-powered MDR. They are a start-up, backed by a global venture capital firm led by diverse set of domain experts with the capital to support rounds through all stages of company growth.
Their teams are diverse and comprised of creative analysts, scientists, marketers, and engineers with a passion for cyber-security. Their team has led cyber-security at the White House, led NVIDIA’s cloud platform, created cloud-services at Amazon, and directed product for DARPA’s Foundational Cyber Warfare Program.
As a Sales Engineer, you will become part of a world-class Pre-Sales team that provides technical and thought leadership of their Managed Detection and Response (MDR) solution. You will work directly with customers while acting as the subject matter expert for the MDR product. You will consistently be delivering product demonstrations that directly address customer pain and emphasize their unique value proposition. During the sales cycle, you will help prospects clarify their MDR and security program requirements, demonstrating their ability to meet and exceed customer requirements and building a positive relationship that will go beyond the initial transaction and provide value to their customers for years to come. Finally, you will collaborate with their Sales, Customer Experience, Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to improve their business and customers’ success. This role, while remote, is based around their Toronto office.
As a Sales Engineer, you will …
• Immerse yourself in the problems facing our customers, the capabilities of our competitors and the nuances of our clients product offerings to achieve expert-level credibility
• Serve as Pre-Sales technical lead, educating prospects on the capabilities and technical differentiation of the service and giving product demonstrations
• Be the go-to internal technical resource for the sales and marketing teams, educating team members in service of providing a consistently positive experience
• Collaborate with all levels of a client’s organization from the C-suite down to individual developers
They would like to speak to you if you …
• Eagerly embrace the challenges of customers in understanding the complex security market and approaches to managing detection and response
• At least 5 years’ experience working in Sales Engineering or other technical Pre-Sales roles that are customer facing OR a minimum of 2.5 years experience working in Cyber Security in a technical Pre-Sales role
• Familiarity with system administration tools and practices, and familiarity with cyber-security tools and practices
• Embody values of trust, continuous improvement, execution and customer focus.
Consultant: John Anderson