Pre-Sales Engineer – CyberSecurity
JOB ID: 3003,Calgary, Alberta
Our client, a leading global enterprise cybersecurity vendor is seeking a Pre-Sales Engineer in the Calgary area. They are seeking an experienced individual to join their sales organization. Theirs is not a typical sales organization - everybody is a closer, from inside sales through executive management. This position is for a customer-focused technical sales professional who will provide high level pre sales support and guidance to customers who will collaborates with Territory Managers and partners to recommend and develop appropriate customer solution offerings. The SE acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in his/her field by the account team, channel partners and customers. This position requires:
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner;
- Set and manage expectations with senior stake-holders and team members.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences, including being able to interact with senior executives.
- Hands-on technical understanding of incident response, computer forensics, network and/or application security.
- Hands-on experience with Intrusion Detection Systems, Security Information Event Management solutions, packet analysis tools and operating system analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of security solutions and technologies, including: Linux, Network architecture, implementation, configuration.
- Knowledge of packet flow/TCP/UDP traffic Firewall technologies, proxy technologies, anti-virus, spam and spyware solutions (Gateway and SaaS). Malware/security experience.
Consultant: John Anderson