Full Stack Developer – Anywhere in Canada
JOB ID: 3138,Canada
Our client has created a revolution in real-time communications and is currently seeking talented engineers who build elegant, scalable software platforms. At this time, they are seeking a SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER to join their growing team.
They are looking for engineers to work efficiently as part of our professional software engineering team; learning to own and support features past delivery and through their full life-cycle. As an Engineer, you will work with a close-knit product engineering team and technical lead. Our teams are cross disciplinary, and include Product Managers, Designers, QA, and other Engineers (Data Engineering, Data Science, Telephony).
You will participate in design meetings and ask clarifying questions to fully understand customer scenarios and requirements. You will work with consumer/dependency owners for design review and sign-off, be a technical leader within your software feature, mentor and share knowledge with the rest of the engineering team.
• Develop easy-to-use, scalable, robust, high volume interactive client/server applications
• Work with Python on Google App Engine
• Cloud Datastore (NoSQL database)
• Memcache (distributed cache)
• Analysis with BigQuery
• Debug with StackDriver
• Work with real-time communication mechanisms such as WebRTC and WebSockets
• Interface with designers, product managers, and other engineers (our policy: with fewer organized meetings, engineers have more time to code)
• Launch new code weekly with our fast release cycles
• Owning the release of the server and client in a rotation as release engineer
• Improve performance to handle rapid increase in user base
• Writing backend and frontend unit tests
• Monitoring and alerts in Datadog
Consultant: John Anderson